A skilled therapist will perform a Stretching Massage.
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
One 60-Minute Stretching Massage
One 90-Minute Stretching Massage
One 120-Minute Stretching Massage
What is Stretching?
When combined with regular massage techniques, assisted stretching not only keeps your muscles supple, but it also helps your massage therapist work more effectively. Stretch massage alleviates strain on your joints and has a slew of other benefits, including Enhanced flexibility and improved posture.
Who is it for?
If relaxation is not your top priority, then you may be interested to simply maintain healthy muscles. The act of stretching increases your flexibility and range of motion. Muscles that are regularly stretched are less likely to be prone to injury. Great for athletes or anyone that needs guided assistance to treat tight muscles. There may be some temporary discomfort or pain involved.
What are the benefits?
Increased range of motion and flexibility
- Range of motion and flexibility go hand in hand. Having greater range of motion provides joints and the muscles supporting them greater flexibility and movement. Studies have found that static stretching increases range of motion and the length of the muscles connected to the specific joint.
- Low intensity stretching done routinely can increase blood flow to tissues and reduce blood pressure. The increase in circulation to muscles brings oxygen and nutrients to tissues and plays a role in decreasing muscle soreness post-workout.
- Well-stretched clients will stand taller after stretching — or at least they will feel like they are. The act of lengthening muscles followed by a strengthening exercise program encourages proper alignment in the body and supports good posture.
- Everyone has experienced tension in their body because of mental and emotional triggers. Our body reacts to stressors by contracting or tensing up. The longer tension remains in the body, the tighter the muscle tissues get.
- Stretching has been used among athletes and rehabilitation centers to alleviate pain caused by anything from sports injuries to car accidents. Restricted movement can cause pain, inhibit movement, and create stiffness and achiness in our bodies. Stretching has been found to counteract these effects.
About Thai Touch Therapy NYC
Thai Touch Therapy was founded in 2018 by Siri who had been trained at the esteemed Wat Po Traditional Medical School in Bangkok, Thailand. She also graduated from The Swedish Institute and got her LMT from NYC. To make sure Thai Touch Therapy customers normally get high-quality services, Siri trains all her therapists in her own unique combination of massage techniques that includes the ancient art of Thai massage and a gentle Swedish massage, all accompanied by a soothing attitude.