All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
$79 for a Perfect Holiday Gifts workshop ($180 value)
- Learn the basics of the sewing machine, how to install a zipper, how to sew with different fabrics, and how to apply trims
- Choose two projects to make: pocket warmers, slippers, tree ornaments, a wine bag, or a festive circle skirt that can be worn by you or your Christmas tree
$64 for a Men’s Tie sewing workshop ($150 value)
- Learn basic stitching on the sewing machine, how to construct a standard tie or bow tie and a pocket square, and how to sew with high-quality fabrics
- Choose to make a bow tie, standard tie, or pocket-square combo
$79 for a Designer Clutch sewing workshop ($180 value)
- Learn how to cut and sew a designer-inspired clutch and how to install a zipper
- Make a clutch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. May be repurchased every 90 days. Reservation required. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 3 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Subject to availability. All supplies and fabric INCLUDED. Holiday Workshop may expire before Jan. 1, 2015. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The New York Sewing Center
The New York Sewing Center's founders all bring an extensive background in fashion and construction to their classes. Kristine Banasik, for instance, boasts not only degrees in fashion design and merchandising, but years of experience plying her trade for companies that include Ford Models. Kelly Grey holds a fashion-design degree from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, and Charlene Washington sharpened her skills at The Fashion Institute of Technology; they both boast impressive credits on their professional résumés, as well. The ladies impart all they've learned through group classes and private lessons. They cover a wide variety of topics, ranging from basic sewing techniques to how to turn old shirts into baby clothes or how to build fashionable men's and women's wear from scratch.