Families play and learn about physics and the natural world with hands-on exhibits; exciting activities are fun for people of any age
What You'll Get
- When can I visit?: WonderWorks is open year-long and the voucher is valid at any time, but you must wait 24 hours after your purchase before visiting.
- What’s included:
- Access to all WonderWorks exhibits
- Access to The 4D XD Motion Theater
- Access to Laser Tag Arena
- Access to The Glow-In-The-Dark Ropes Course (must sign waiver and wear closed-toe shoes)
- View the list of attractions and their restrictions here.
- Prohibited items: Outside food and drinks
The Fine Print
From the outside, Professor Wonder’s WonderWorks laboratory appears to have flipped completely on its head. When visitors enter the upside-down edifice, they must first pass through the psychedelic, spinning lights of the Inversion Tunnel, which turns the building right-side-up for families to embark on a full day of entertaining, educational activities. More than 100 interactive exhibits spark excitement around the natural phenomenon, including replica mercury capsules that visitors can climb into, a gallery of mind-bending illusions.
Some of WonderWorks’s hands-on displays allow guests to experience the aftershocks of the San Francisco earthquake of 1989, throw a strike against Derek Jeter, and lie down on a bed of 3,500 sharp nails without so much as a scratch. Additional activities include the Indoor Ropes Challenge Course, which exercises bodies and minds as challengers navigate three stories of swinging beams and suspension bridges, and the XD Theater 4D.