Laughter is the best medicine, though it tends to be the worst legal defense. Salute the healing art of comedy with this GrouponLive deal.
- $9 for one weekend ticket (valid Friday or Saturday) or four weekday tickets (valid Wednesday, Thursday or Sunday) to a standup-comedy show (up to $32 value)
- When: any show through November 16; excludes special events
- Where: The Comedy Store
- Section: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime; 30 minutes before showtime for 10:30 p.m. shows
- Click here to view the calendar.
The Comedy Store requires a two-drink minimum purchase per person, not included in this Groupon.
Sam Tripoli (May 2–3)
As seen on Comedy Central's Premium Blend, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, and Spike TV's Wide World of Spike
Warning: contains vulgar language, sexual situations, ethnic humor, and poverty-influenced nihilism
Mo Mandel (April 25–26)
As seen on Chelsea Lately, Conan, and Free Agents
Warning: contains vulgar language and sexual situations
The Comedy Store
What’s now known as The Comedy Store was once called Ciro's, a nightlife hotspot in the 1940s and '50s. Playing host to glitzy stars and shadowy mobsters, the club's history is shrouded in rumors of mafia assassinations and untimely deaths. However, the joint buried its seedy past by converting to a comedy club and helping launch the careers of such legends as Richard Pryor, Jim Carrey, George Carlin, David Letterman, and Dave Chappelle. The younger La Jolla location lets laugh-starved patrons bask in the same high-powered comedic atmosphere as its progenitor.
The Comedy Store
916 Pearl St.
La Jolla, California 92037