Horses are some of the most perceptive animals, as evidenced by the saying, You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t explain his intimate knowledge of your childhood fears. Tap into equine insight with this Groupon.
Choose from Six Options
For one student:
- $10 for one 60-minute horseback-riding lesson (a $20 value)
- $29 for three 60-minute horseback-riding lessons (a $60 value)
- $44 for five 60-minute horseback-riding lessons (a $100 value)<p>
For two students:
- $18 for one 60-minute horseback-riding lesson (a $36 value)
- $52 for three 60-minute horseback-riding lessons (a $108 value)
- $78 for five 60-minute horseback-riding lessons (a $180 value)<p>
Instructors lead private or semiprivate horseback-riding lessons in English or Western riding style. Lessons focus on safety and proper horsemanship as well as grooming and tacking.<p>
Visitors to Centennial Acres work with experienced riding instructors and four resident horses—Trixie, Pita, Autumn, Chip, and Kid. These steeds and their riders ride through a small indoor arena and in an outdoor arena at Centennial’s 19th-century farm, depending on the weather, all under the watchful eye of owners Matt and Emily Williams.
Matt has converted the farm—once used for raising livestock and cultivating crops—into riding stables where Emily and other instructors teach proper horsemanship, safety, grooming, and tacking to students as young as 4 years old. Drawing on more than a decade of experience in training for equitation, showmanship, and breaking in new horses, Emily coaches students in Western and English riding styles, hunter and hunter-jumper styles, and dressage.