Choose Between Two Options
- $65 for a three-course prix-fixe dinner for two ($119 value)
- $130 for a three-course prix-fixe dinner for four ($238 value)
The prix-fixe dinner includes the following for each person:
- Spring mix salad or white asparagus veloute
- Choice of entree: grilled scottish salmon filet with sauce hollandaise and parsley steamed potatoes; grilled chicken breast with sauce bearnaise and potato roesti; grilled berkshire pork steak with sauce choron and roasted potatoes; or schnitzel with foie gras and wild cranberry sauce
- Choice of dessert: strawberry-apple strudel or strawberry melba
Charivari head chef Johann Schuster draws on his roots in Romania and Germany to infuse a seasonal menu with flavors from across Europe, earning his fare a top rating from Zagat as well a glowing review in the Houston Press, where they called the atmosphere "...old school," and "...warm and friendly."
The restaurant's name stems from the French for "beautiful good mix," which perfectly describes their bright, expansive space, the staff, and of course, the food. Dozens of wine bottles line a back wall while servers pile black-clothed tables with appetizers such as buckwheat blinis and Russian caviar or Hungarian-style foie gras with brown-sugar-glazed apple slices. Main courses include pork schnitzel, German sausage, and Bavarian-style roasted duck served with potato pancakes.