Choose Between Two Options
$50 for a one-year Playful membership ($100value)
- Unlimited admission for children from same household and two adults with express entrance
- Admission to the museum on Mondays, members-only day
- Admission to kids programs and workshops on Mondays and Saturdays
- Invitations to special events
- Discounts on birthday parties and the museum cafe
- Member-only parking in the Museum parking lot
- Click here for other benefits
$100 for a Birthday Bash party package ($200 value)
- Admission and unlimited play for up to 15 kids and 15 adults
- One hour in a private party room
- Staff event guide
- Parking pass for birthday celebrant’s family
- Museum-themed invitations.
Children's Museum of Tacoma
The woods are full of hazards, from prickly bushes to wild animals. But all’s safe in the Woods at the Children's Museum of Tacoma, where a log pile leads to a play area where kids can build forts and send supplies to and fro with pulleys. The Woods is one of the museum’s five playscapes, which encourage children and their adult guardians to learn through self-directed play.
Youngsters can unleash their inner architects with blocks and tubes at the Invention station, and paint, clay, and other artistic tools at Becka’s Studio allow kids to tap into their creative sides. Aboard the Voyager, children can pretend to fly to the moon or parallel-park between two asteroids. Back on earth, the interactive Water playspace presents a world of tranquil waterfalls and streams.
Afterward, there’s more to explore through the museum’s programs. They range from summer camps to Play to Learn, where kids 6 and younger take part in group activities, sing-alongs, and group circle time.