During live online sessions, kids can learn the basics of coding or practice their skills which they can use to design their own video games
About This Deal
- Experienced instructors teach coding using some of the most effective available tools, such as Scratch Jr for ages 6 and 7, Scratch 3.0 for ages 8–10, Advanced Scratch 3.0 Data and Algorithms for ages 11–13, and GoDot Mobile game development studio for ages 13+.
- The program also helps children learn persistence, self-confidence, and self-esteem.
- Curriculum varies by age and ability of student
- One meeting twice a week for one month; each session is 50 minutes
- Type of communication: via Zoom
- Must activate by expiration
- Long term tutoring with us will result in your child learning crucial life skills far more important than coding, because we’re really teaching persistence, self-confidence, and self-esteem, using coding as the vehicle.
- We don’t constrain your child to a road map, We ask them open-ended questions about what they want to make, then help them learn the skills to make it. Along the way your child will learn the joys of persistence in the face of frustration, as we celebrate every success through a near-infinite series of levels in the game of learning to code.
- We teach kids the joy of coding computers by helping them write their own custom video games, based on their own ideas.
- Creativity: Every class confronts your child with the question “What do you want to make?” Then we help them do it! Nothing is more exciting than your child’s own ideas. Every session is a non-sequential learning experience driven by their own project.
- Teaching Kids to Teach Themselves: Our teachers engage with students over video chat, and are trained to see non-verbal signs of frustration. They aren’t there to give answers, but to lead your child through the process of finding answers. By jumping in at the right time with effective questions, your child will discover and create their own solutions for bugs or new features. We are teaching them to teach themselves.
- Persistence. Coding is hard: Your child will fail a million times before they succeed – but it feels incredible when they face adversity and emerge victorious with a solution they discovered on their own! Our teachers give students guidance during this emotional cycle and help them navigate barriers. After taking our class, your kids will get excited about facing a tough problem because they’ve developed a taste for success.