Breathing underwater, like eating fireworks, constructing a monument, and getting married, should only be attempted if you’re confident you can do it. Mingle with the mermaids with today’s Groupon.
$149 for an open-water Scubafy scuba-certification course (a $348 value)
- The course includes:
- Course books
- Four classroom sessions
- Two swimming-pool sessions
- Up to six open-water dives
- Rental regulator, air tank, hoods, and wetsuit
- IDEA scuba-certification card
- Small class sizes of six to eight people
- Full international scuba certification upon course completion
- Mask, snorkel, boots, and fins can be brought from home, rented for an additional $30, or purchased for an additional $99<p>
Scubafy Dive Center
Scubafy Dive Center's veteran dive Instructor, co-founder Charlie Franks, is Regional Training Director and an Instructor Trainer Evaluator for IDEA, and draws on thousands dives’ worth of experience while teaching scuba courses. Charlie and his instructors guide small-group classes of budding divers aged 12 and older through open-water certification courses, which impart the skills needed to explore the liquid depths of nearby Lake Mead, international waters, or Zeus's hot tub. The shelves and racks of Scubafy's well-stocked dive shop are laden with new and pre-owned gear for divers of all skill levels. Rental equipment is available by the day or week, and air-tank refills, repair services, and all-inclusive introductory packages equip those who are getting their feet wet for the first time.