Playing a round of golf is a contest between man and nature, much like betting a tree it can’t drink a gallon of milk. Pit yourself against the elements with this Groupon.
$49 for Golf Experience for One (Up to $100 Value)
- 18 holes of golf for one with cart rental (up to a $65 value)
- Bag of range balls (a $5 value)
- $10 worth of American fare and drinks at the Hogan Bar and Grill
- $20 gift certificate toward future greens fees<p>
Golfers dig up divots at the driving range’s 50 hitting stations before carting across the course’s 18 holes. After the final putt, players regroup at the Hogan Bar and Grill, where they can refuel with hot dogs ($3.50) or cold-cut sandwiches ($4) and toast to birdies with domestic ($2.75) or imported beer ($3.50). A $20 voucher invites golfers back, covering a nine-hole round on a new day.<p>
The Trophy Club’s rates vary throughout the week.<p>
The Trophy Club
Course architect Timothy Liddy designed The Trophy Club's 247-acre course, which Golf Digest recently ranked as Indiana’s Best Public Course in 2008. Prairie Creek stream meanders throughout the links-style course, which is characterized by open fairways framed by native grasses, mounded terrain, and deep bunkers. The course kicks off with a par 4 and before reaching the most difficult stretch at hole 6, whose treacherous bunker lures dimpled orbs away from their destination with ample sunlight and free tanning lotion. Blue and fescue grasses create slick putting surfaces on each green, sparing players the need to unroll their own green carpets for putting through their final strokes. After a day of chipping and driving, golfers can refuel in the clubhouse with sandwiches, hot dogs, and frosty brews at the Hogan Bar and Grill.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Length of 7,208 yards from the farthest set of tees
- Course rating of 74.0 from the farthest set of tees
- Slope rating of 131 from the farthest set of tees
- See photos and stats for each hole.