- $15 for museum admission for two (Up to $24 value)
Current exhibit: Gold! Riches and Ruin chronicles the role of gold in the history of the American West, covering stories from national gold rushes to the hard lives of individual miners. The exhibit runs through August 9, 2015.
Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
Visitors to the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art find themselves surrounded by exhibits that tell amazing stories. The museum has a renowned collection and offers can't-miss special exhibitions and dynamic programming for guests of all ages.
- Focus: the art, history, and cultures of the American West and the indigenous peoples of North America
- Western Collection Mainstays: two galleries with works from the likes of Georgia O’Keeffe and Frederic Remington
- Native American Collection Mainstays: items of historical significance as well as those meant for everyday use, such as weaponry and Inuit sculpture
- Don't Miss: a trip to the R.B Annis Western Family Experience
- Hands-On Activities: Kids sit in a stagecoach, try on 19th-century-style clothing, and play a hammered dulcimer
- Pro Tip: pick up a garden card from the admission desk and use it to identify the trees, shrubs, and flowers in the outdoor gardens
- Special Programs: festivals, concerts, and storytelling Saturdays
- Check Out: Southwestern and Native American-inspired cuisine at the Museum Cafe and find gifts for all occasions at the Frank and Katrina Basile Museum Store
500 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204