Visit Portugal’s Two Biggest Cities
Portugal’s explorers paved the way for international travel and with this 8-day trip to Lisbon and Porto from go-today, you’ll return the favor. You can walk the same cobblestone streets as Vasco da Gama and see the birthplace of port wine—all without having to worry about accommodations or transportation. Each vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Ibis Lisbon Jose Malhoa or similar in Lisbon
- Second-class rail from Lisbon to Porto
- 3 nights of standard accommodations at the Ibis Porto Centro or similar in Porto
- 6 breakfasts
Lisbon is one of the oldest cities in Europe, predating London, Paris, and Rome by several centuries. Perhaps as a result, many of the city’s top attractions have a timeless quality to them. You can see many of the major sites aboard Tram 28, an antique yellow trolley that winds through the Arab Quarter, the downtown district of Baixa, and the nightlife hubs of Chiado and Bairro Alto.
- Parque das Nações: This waterfront park contains a promenade, a multilevel shopping mall, and one of the world’s largest aquariums.
- Listen to live fado music in the hilltop district of Bairro Alto. The folk music style’s haunting sounds are uniquely Portuguese.
- Climb to the top of Belem Tower for panoramic views of Lisbon’s harbor. Built in 1515, the tower was the starting point for ocean voyages in the 16th century and beyond.
Porto natives consider their city set apart from the rest of Portugal—”Porto is a nation” is a common saying. It’s certainly a notch above the ordinary, thanks to an important culinary pedigree (Porto puts the “port” in port wine, which was born here) and a skyline that looks like it came from a storybook. The architecture is a gorgeous collection of medieval, baroque, beaux-arts, and modern influences piled atop high rolling hills, making for a satisfying (albeit exhausting) walking tour.
- Ribeira: Porto’s historic district, once a busy commercial center in the Middle Ages, is a prime people-watching spot as well as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Mercado do Bolhão: Shop for fresh fish, olives, cheese, and wine at this world-class market.
- Sip a glass of port made from grapes grown in the local Douro region.
Know Before You Go
- Official language: Portuguese
- Currency: euro
- Drive on the right side of the road.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much would it cost to fly from an airport not listed as part of this deal? Call go-today at 800-227-3235 for additional pricing options from any departure airport not listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal? Yes, you can arrange for that over the phone at the time when you redeem your voucher with go-today.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available? Check the Deal Options above to see if there is availability for the specific date you are interested in. If there are multiple dates listed in a Deal Option, call go-today at 800-227-3235 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available? If go-today is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room? For promotions which include airfare, all travelers over the age of 2 are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with go-today at the time of reservation.
6. Is the price advertised available on every date?
Airfare subject to availability. Additional fees may apply for some departure dates. Contact go-today for details.