- Ticket package to a Buffalo Bisons baseball game
- When: any home game between Tuesday, May 13 and Tuesday, May 20; see the schedule
- Where: Coca-Cola Field
- Door time: one hour before first pitch
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $6 for one ticket (a $16.75 value)
- $12 for two tickets (a $31.25 value)
- $22 for four tickets (a $60.25 value)
The Scouting Report
In their second season as the Triple-A affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays, the Bisons have emerged as a force to be reckoned with. After nine games, the Bisons’ 6–3 record has them alone atop the International League North, where they indulge visions of postseason grandeur as fans feed them grapes. From May 13–20, the Bisons enjoy an eight-game homestand, during which they face the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and the Gwinnett Braves.
Despite spending most of their 125-plus-year history as a minor-league organization, the Bisons began play as a major-league club from 1879–85. All told, nearly 3,000 players and managers have donned the Bisons uniform, including 20 who have been immortalized in the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Currently, the Bisons compete every summer for an International League title, as well as the Thruway Cup—a regional- and bragging rights–based trophy chased by the Bisons, the Rochester Red Wings, and the Syracuse Chiefs. The Bisons have done half of their competing since 1988 at Coca-Cola Field, which boasts the largest video board in the minors and an infield kept moist by hoses that spray water and not soda as the field’s name would suggest.