- $12 for one general-admission ticket (up to $20 value)
Carolyn Dorfman Dance Company
The daughter of Holocaust survivors, Carolyn Dorfman has been understandably interested in the power of resiliency, the strength of the human spirit, and the importance of intercultural respect. In fact, most of her choreography—and her dance company, for that matter—focuses on exploring the depths and bounds of these qualities. Proof she’s succeeded: she’s earned Dance NJ’s Dance Advocate Award and the 2015 Humanitarian Award, courtesy of Seton Hall University and The Sister Rose Thering Fund.
- Traces: The individual meets the community, the personal meets the global, and the abstract meets the narrative in the world premiere of this episodic piece.
- Interior Designs: The Star Ledger describes this multimedia, theater-encompassing piece by Dorfman and her collaborators as one that “spills across the line that separates audience members from performers, drawing everyone into its complex, digital world.”
- WAVES: A beatboxer, a cellist, a recorder player, and a troupe of dancers clad in blue fuse their talents together to create an undulating piece of visual and aural art.
- Keystone: Music by Rufus Wainwright and Louis Armstrong accompanies two dancers as they explore human interaction in world of fast-paced digital communication during a piece Arts America calls “a moving, playful, and rich commentary on relationship.”
LaGuardia Performing Arts Center
LaGuardia Performing Arts Center doesn't just want to stage its own thought-provoking works—it wants visiting artists to do the same. These are themes LPAC embraces in its own productions, which range from community forums to world-premiere plays and dance performances.
Laguardia Performing Arts Center
31-10 Thomson Ave.
Long Island City, NY 11101Get Directions