- $18 for one child ticket (up to $15 value) and one adult ticket (up to $20 value) to see Frog Prince (up to $35 total value)
- When: February 1–23, Saturdays and Sundays at 2 p.m.
- Where: Galli Theater in the National Comedy Theater
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 1:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Frog Prince gets the Galli treatment in this thigh-slapping musical adaptation. When a princess finds that the man of her dreams has a few more warts than she imagined, she must decide how much looks matter in love. The three-person cast—the princess, her amphibious paramour, and her stern father—invites children on stage throughout the show to learn valuable lessons about seeing past immediate appearances, overcoming fears, and gaining rewards from smooching wildlife.
Actor, philosopher, and all-around Renaissance man Johannes Galli has spent more than 25 years adapting age-old stories for the modern child. Taking the grim out of Grimm's Fairy Tales, each of his shows engages audiences with colorful onstage action, capturing youthful attentions while sneaking in important lessons about the power of kindness or the gradual extinction of witches. Pint-sized viewers aren't expected to sit quietly, either. Actors interact directly with their audience, mixing with the crowd and even inviting wee ones on stage to aid in the storytelling.