What You'll Get
- $129 for a Hudson River kayaking day trip, including round-trip transit, equipment rentals, continental breakfast, picnic lunch, and wine tasting
- Kayaking difficulty: moderate/intermediate
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
What to Bring:
- Water shoes, secure sandals, or sneakers
- Change of footwear for the ride back
- Layered clothes, including a raincoat
- Hat, sunglasses, lip balm, sunscreen, and bug spray recommended
- Waterproof daypack (or large ziplock bag) to keep extra clothes, snacks, cameras, or the provided picnic lunch from getting wet during the trek
- For the ride home: small towel, change of footwear, change of clothes
Each event is capped at 25 purchasers.
What You’ll Do
Framed by Storm King Mountain and Breakneck Ridge, the vast, burbling waters of the Hudson River feel like a far cry from the hustle and bustle of New York City. During this day trip, you’ll kayak five miles down the river and enjoy up-close views of Bannerman’s Castle—an early 20th-century landmark on Pollepel Island—and the coastline near West Point. Journeys might also take you past the sandy beaches of Little Stony Point or into a hidden cove past the trestle bridge.
Tours depart from the post office across from Penn Station at 7:30 a.m. and return at approximately 6:30 p.m.
Five Miles of Kayaking
Kayaking difficulty: moderate/intermediate
On the way back to the city, you’ll stop at a local vineyard on the Shawangunk Wine Trail to relax and sample vintages plucked from the vines of Hudson Valley.
Guided Adventure Tours
The guides at Outdoor Connections plan their itineraries based on years of hiking, mountain climbing, and outdoor adventuring experience. They map out the most scenic, exciting routes—and handle everything from park fees to packing the picnic lunches. Their all-inclusive approach means all you have to do is show up ready for an adventure.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 21, 2014. Amount paid never expires. This deal is for the purchase of a ticket. Reservations required prior to attending event. Dates subject to capacity and cancellation. Refundable only on day of purchase. Min. of 10 participants or subject to cancellation. No value after date & time have passed. Must be 21 or older. Gratuity included. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.