- $10 for two tickets to your choice of screening at the Minneapolis Underground Film Festival (up to $18 value)
- When: Wednesday–Sunday, October 1–5
- Where: St. Anthony Main Theater
- General admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the schedule
Minneapolis Underground Film Festival
Films start at 1 p.m. each day of the festival and run until about midnight, including feature-length productions and short-film blocks. Most days also feature a block of Minnesota-made shorts on themes such as sci-fi, fantasy, and horror on Saturday, and poetry, art, and music on Sunday. Take a look at some highlights from each day:
- The Tiki War (Wednesday at 5 p.m.): In a seedy Chicago tiki bar in 1961, two entertainers scheme to get the best of some of the dirtiest dealers in a filthy town.
- MN Connection Short Film Block (Thursday at 5:30 p.m.): A post-apocalyptic thinkpiece, a meditation on dying, and an old-fashioned teen sex comedy all share the bill, knit together by their local connection.
- Mad Marc Rude: Blood, Ink & Needles (Friday at 1 p.m.): a look at the prickly punk artist who created iconic images for the Misfits, the Offspring, and L.A. Kings
- The Hip-Hop Fellow (Saturday at 7:45 p.m.): Interviews with Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Kendrick Lamar, and Phonte flesh out the story of Grammy-winning producer 9th Wonder and his tenure as a professor of hip-hop at Harvard University.
- Know How (Sunday at 5:45 p.m.): Written and performed by five foster-care kids who draw on their own life experiences, this dramatic musical straddles the line between fact and fiction.