- Raekwon and Ghostface Killah
- When: Wednesday, July 15, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Bogart’s
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- $15 for one general admission standing ticket (up to $35.30 value)
- $25 for one general admission standing ticket plus a skip-the-line pass (up to $45.30 value)
- Click here to view the venue layout
Raekwon and Ghostface Killah
- 36 Chambers: the alternate title of Enter the Wu-Tang, the seminal 1993 album that first brought these two hip-hop luminaries together
- 2 years: how much time passed between that release and their second major collaboration, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…—officially a Raekwon solo joint, but for which Ghostface received nearly equal billing as a “co-star”
- 20 years: how much time has passed since that album dropped
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time: the 2012 Rolling Stone roll call that included Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…
- 0: how many previous hip-hop albums had the narrative-driven, cinematic quality of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…, which tells a story of a street-level drug dealer done in by paranoia and betrayal
- 1: how many alternate names the album had—it was called “The Purple Tape” because of the unique color of the cassettes
- Why “The Purple Tape” sounds familiar: the duo released a teaser for The Purple Tape Files at Sundance in January, presaging a documentary about the making of the album
- Critics’ take on the album: The Boombox called it “one of the top five (if not the best) solo efforts from a Wu member,” and AllMusic identified it as “a landmark in the new breed of gangsta rap”