- Two tickets to a Reading Fightin Phils baseball game against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, with option for VIP experience
- When: Tuesday, August 18, at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: FirstEnergy Stadium
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $12 for yellow-box seating for two ($23 value)
- $35 for yellow-box seating for two, plus a VIP package ($69 total value)
The VIP package includes the following:
- Opportunity to throw a ceremonial first pitch (one person only; $25 value)
- Autographed baseball ($6 value)
- Fightin Phils backpack ($15 value)
The Scouting Report
With the 2015 season entering the home stretch, the Fightin Phils find themselves locked in a tight divisional playoff race. Fortunately, they have the firepower to propel themselves to the top. Reading’s roster boasts five of the top 10 prospects in the Philadelphia Phillies organization according to Baseball America, including shortstop J.P. Crawford and pitcher Zach Eflin. Although fans are more than welcome to wear homemade Fightin Phils sombreros to the game, the first 1,500 kids to arrive on August 18 will also receive Phils game caps to show their team pride.
Reading Fightin Phils
The Fightin Phils have served as the Double-A affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies since 1967, forging the longest-running affiliate partnership in baseball, not counting the ancient business relationship between groundskeepers and chalk purveyors. Many Phillies stars have matriculated through the Fightin Phils clubhouse and made contributions to the Phillies' World Series wins in 1980 and 2008. The Phils have also enjoyed their own share of sandlot glory, seizing Eastern League titles in 1968, 1973, 1995, and 2001.
Built in 1951, the team's stadium, FirstEnergy Stadium, serves as the oldest home field in the Eastern League. Along with a lineup of characters featuring a turtle, dog, and beaver, the Fightin Phils' mascots includes the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor—a striped-vested madman astride his faithful ostrich Rodrigo, who runs around the infield as the Vendor throws hot dogs into the stands.