All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $7 for one general-admission ticket for a student or senior (up to $11.34 value)
- $10 for one general-admission ticket for an adult (up to $16.52 value)
San Jose Youth Symphony Philharmonic Orchestra’s Season Opener Concert
- The Music: The season-opening concert begins with Malcolm Arnold’s appropriately-named “A Grand, Grand Festival Overture” before featuring a trio of talented young soloists
- The Soloists: The winners of the 2015 Young Artists’ Competition will perform, with violist Joyce Jang taking on Forsyth, harpist Tiffany Wong playing the Boieldieu concerto, and pianist Kevin Li diving into a work by Prokofiev—one of two selections from the composer on the evening’s program
- Highlight: in Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet Suites, every fight, every insult, and every stolen kiss in Shakespeare’s masterpiece comes to life. The piece is considered one of the best in the repertoire of one of the 20th century’s most emotionally grounded composers.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 13, 2015. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem 12/12 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The San Jose Youth Symphony
The San Jose Youth Symphony, founded in 1951 under the San Jose Symphony, incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2002, providing musical education to thousands of local kids. Now comprising 12 groups of varying sizes and experience levels, the orchestras and instrumental ensembles perform in several regularly scheduled concerts every season, as well as a biennial international tour that gives the Philharmonic Orchestra the chance to travel to exotic locales and learn which countries have the fluffiest hotel towels.