Virtually nothing can defeat the raw power of rock music, with the possible exception of paper music. Pump your fist with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for two tickets to see Saving Abel, plus two beers or well drinks (up to $40 value)
- When: Thursday, January 30, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Diesel Concert Lounge
- General admission
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- Home base: Corinth, Mississippi
- Sound: southern rock with a touch of alt-metal, a genre-hopping blend that lends itself to gregarious, rowdy live shows
- Essential tracks: “Addicted,” “The Sex Is Good”
- Latest: Cracking the Safe, an EP released on the band’s own label
- Check out: “Mystify,” a sing-along-friendly anthem that appears on the EP twice, once with guitars a-blazin’ and the other as an acoustic version, which is infectious if less blaze-y<p>
Diesel Concert Lounge
“It’s like a little city in there,” says co-owner Mike Mitchell of the 47,000 square feet of entertainment surrounding Diesel Concert Lounge. As part of the Premier Lanes complex—also home to an Italian restaurant and the Premier Lanes Bowling Alley—Diesel Concert Lounge is a complete about-face from the space’s previous incarnation: a country music club called Diamonds & Spurs. With Mitchell and Premier Lanes’ owner Joe Sgroi behind the scenes, the floor where cows once learned how to square-dance is now a haven for head-banging hard rock and head-bobbing hip-hop. As one of the only places in Michigan to sport multiple stages within one venue, Diesel keeps its calendar packed with a variety of touring stars and local heroes. Most of those heroes, including Kid Rock, Megadeth, and Uncle Kracker, are enshrined on the walls in hand-printed concert posters.<p>