What You'll Get
- Two general admission tickets
- When: Fridays at 8:30 p.m., October 19–December 28
Second City Presents “Urban Twist”
- The Second City: the famed Chicago institution that has become the stuff of comedy legend, fostering the talent of numerous stars from John Belushi and Gilda Radner to Tina Fey and Steve Carell
- Urban Twist: As the flagship show of The Second City’s Diversity and Inclusion division, Urban Twist stars the Bob Curry Fellows, a cadre of the theater’s most promising young diverse performers.
- What to expect: a heavily political evening of satire, songs, improvisation, and sketch comedy—all skewering American social, pop, and political culture like only The Second City can
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Dec 28, 2018. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About The Second City
When it started in 1959, The Second City was an anomaly. The experimental cabaret theater dazzled audience members with scenes created on the fly from its cast of cerebral comedians and actors, many of whom learned the art of improvisation from the teachings of Viola Spolin. As the buzz for the art form grew, so did the reputation of the establishment. In the 55 years since, The Second City has revolutionized comedy in North America and across the globe, graduating alumni who include the likes of Gilda Radner, Harold Ramis, Tina Fey, and Stephen Colbert.
In addition to funneling these performers and more to Saturday Night Live and Hollywood at large, The Second City also racks up fans with its tours, cruise ships, and legendary SCTV program. Today, its network of theaters and schools have set up shop everywhere from Chicago to Los Angeles and Toronto, training the next generation of professional funny people.