- $9 for two-day admission to the St. Chux Derby Chix’ Skate to Thrill invitational tournament ($19.62 value)
- Where: Matteson Square Garden
- When: Saturday, April 11, and Sunday, April 12
- Door Time: 8 a.m. both days
- Seating: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
Skate to Thrill Invitational Tournament
- Two days of roller derby bouts featuring 10 teams from across the country
- Invitational lineup: Arch Rival Roller Girls’ All-Stars, Arizona Roller Derby’s Tent City Terrors, Demolition City Roller Derby’s Dynamite Dolls, Des Moines Derby Dames’ All-Stars, Junction City Roller Dolls’ Train Wrecks, Naptown Roller Girls’ The Tornado Sirens, No Coast Derby Girls’ Mad Maxines, St. Chux Derby Chix’ Pack in Black, Tiger Bay Brawlers’ A Team, and Twin City Derby Girls’ Travelers
- Each team will compete in three bouts
St. Chux Derby Chix
In August of 2009, the five women who founded the St. Chux Derby Chix found themselves on the wrong side of the Missouri river. In search of a local roller derby league to join—but unwilling to drive or quantum leap over to St. Louis—the women decided to start their own league. Through word-of-mouth, the news spread quickly, and soon, female competitors from across the county were signing up. By December, the St. Chux Derby Chix were born. From young professionals and college students to moms with college-aged kids of their own, the Derby Chix roster steadily grew. So much so that they now have enough players to field two teams: the Pack in Black and Helles Belles. Both clubs compete at Matteson Square Garden, where fans of all ages are invited to kick back and watch the fast-paced action.