Going to a concert can deepen your admiration for the musicians, especially during the drummer's 20-minute bottle-feeding of a baby goat. Strengthen your musical bond with this GrouponLive deal.
- $19 for two popcorns and two tickets to The Classic Rock Experience: Midnight Special (up to a $39.91 value)
- When: Friday, January 10, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Altar Bar
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
The Classic Rock Experience: Midnight Special
- The name evokes: the musical variety show of the '70s, the song by Credence Clearwater Revival, and a late-night pancake deal at a diner
- The band evokes: the heyday of arena rock for those who miss it and those who missed it
- Their wheelhouse: prime pickings from 10 classic-rock deities, including Styx, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, Grand Funk Railroad, and Journey, plus a slew of gems from one-hit wonders
- One of Midnight Special's questionable yet humorous claims to fame: they're the first band in documented history to hear a crowd yell "Free Bird!"
The Altar Bar
For a century, The Altar Bar was a church—which is fitting, now that the Strip District venue has become a house of worship for all denominations of rock and roll fans. Renovated with an abundance of lasers, LED lighting, and projector screens, the three-level musical fortress sends sleek railings and staircases swooping between couches, full bars, and VIP areas. The venue is intimate enough that all fans get a gander of the full-sized stage, which features a runway perfect for grandstanding rockers and very small planes.
93% of 15 customers recommend
“Really good fun show. Really enjoyed it”
“ The Carnegie Music Hall in Munhall is an excellent venue! I would definitely go to see other events there.”