- One ticket to see The Temptations w/Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
- When: Thursday, June 19, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Centennial Terrace
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $35 for the reserved seating area (up to $60.50 value)
- $20 for general admission (up to $31 value). No seats will be provided, but guests can bring lawn chairs.
- Click to view the seating chart.
- Led by: sole founding member Otis Williams
- Five: the number of decades the seminal Motown band has been enchanting their fans; the number of harmonies they weave together
- Three: the number of Grammy Awards the group has earned, including a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Song you’ve sung to someone you love: “My Girl”
- Song you’ve sung to explain your claustrophobia: “Can’t Get Next to You”
- What The Temps do besides sing: execute sharply choreographed dance moves in matching suits
- Their latest album: 2010’s Still Here
####Martha Reeves and the Vandellas * Their sound: a distinct blend of doo-wop, soul, R&B, pop, rock, and blues * Why meteorologists love them: their hit “(Love is Like a) Heat Wave” places the blame of heat waves squarely on love, not weatherpeople * Song that ranked at #40 on Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time: “Dancing in the Street” * “Dancing in the Street”’s other claim to fame: in 1999, it was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame * Who else has covered it: The Mamas & the Papas, Van Halen, David Bowie, and Mick Jagger * Other songs you may hear live: “Jimmy Mack,” “Nowhere to Run,” “Bless You”