All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $30 for one G-Pass ticket for Tier 2 seating (up to $67.85 value)
- $25 for one G-Pass ticket for Tier 3 or 4 seating (up to $56.43 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- The massive talents of Todd Rundgren: jaw-dropping guitarist, virtuoso keyboardist, ahead-of-the-curve tech junkie, sought-after record producer, and idiosyncratic genre jumper
- His legacy: pop hits such as “Hello It’s Me” and “I Saw the Light” that live in classic-rock-radio perpetuity; the workforce-shunning anthem “Bang the Drum All Day”
- His nickname (if he were a competitive eater): Hungry Todd Rungrey
- Albums you own that have his thumbprints all over them: Meat Loaf’s Bat Out of Hell, The Band’s Stage Fright, XTC’s Skylarking
- The show: following his electronica-tinged, theatrically inclined Global tour, Todd returns to his bread and butter—a five-piece rock band playing career-spanning hits.
- The way of The Tubes: Imagine a power-pop band like The Cars or Cheap Trick—but led by Andy Kaufman and Bertolt Brecht—and you’ll get a sense of The Tubes theatrical, prankish, and absurdist twist on rock-‘n-roll conventions.
- The leader of The Tubes: the irrepressible Fee Waybill, who in the past adopted alter egos for the band’s surreal stage shows, which were more SNL than rock concert
- Some of Waybill’s characters: country singer Hugh Heifer, drug-addled Brit pop star Quay Lewd, and punker Johnny Bugger (he actually broke his leg on stage doing that bit)
- How they got the media’s attention: Waybill’s onstage antics got them banned in England, which has strict laws against being entertaining.
- How they got your attention: most likely with their sole Top 10 hit, 1983’s “She’s a Beauty,” which stayed in MTV rotation thanks to a provocative video involving a peep show
- The show: Although The Tubes have settled into a straightforward pop band over the decades, fans can still expect Waybill to go back to his old ways in a set that encompasses the group’s entire career, from “White Kids on Dope” to “Talk to You Later.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 27, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant reserves right to substitute closer seat. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices, which may change. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About New Jersey Performing Arts Center
New Jersey Performing Arts Center stands firm as a bastion of live entertainment, opening the doors to its two distinct venues for a wide array of productions. Inside Prudential Hall, 2,700 seats fill the multitiered auditorium where ballets, symphony orchestras, and Broadway shows flourish beneath radiant lights and a domed ceiling. Victoria Theater, meanwhile, beckons visitors to its more intimate 500-seat confines for jazz concerts and contemporary dance performances.