In much of the world, soccer is known as football and the American president is referred to as The Ameriking. Embrace cultural differences without using your hands with this GrouponLive deal
- VCU men’s and women’s soccer games
- Where: SportsBackers Stadium
- Seating: General admission
- Ticket values include all fees<p>
- $9 for two tickets (a $19 value)
- $16 for four tickets (a $35 value)<p>
Choose between the following dates:
- Doubleheader on Friday, October 11: Women’s soccer game against the Fordham Rams at 5 p.m. and men’s soccer game against the Massachusetts Minutemen at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 4 p.m.
- Women’s soccer game against the Richmond Spiders on Friday, November 1, at 7 p.m. Doors open at 6 p.m.<p>
The Scouting Report
Now donning the black and gold for the second year as members of the Atlantic 10 Conference, the VCU men’s and women’s soccer teams look to solidify their status as a powerhouse program in their new league. Last season, the men’s squad came just short of an A-10 Championship, falling to Saint Louis in the championship match. The Rams have clearly entered this season thirsty for another shot at the title, notching wins over 13th-ranked Maryland and 7th-ranked Akron in a stretch that earned them the number-8 position in the NCAA rankings.
After winning the Colonial Athletic Association championship in 2011—their final year as a member-school—the Rams’ women’s team quickly made their presence known in the Atlantic 10. The team advanced to the conference title match behind the play of Courtney Conrad, who received preseason All-Conference honors without handing out a single “For Your Consideration” flier. The squad’s success won’t come as a surprise to anyone this year, as A-10 coaches selected the Rams to finish third in the conference in a preseason poll.
VCU Rams Athletics
In 2011, the VCU Rams athletics program emerged under the national spotlight's brightest bulbs when the men's basketball team advanced to the NCAA Final Four as an 11-seed. But while their Cinderella story may have made VCU a household name and bedtime story for sports-loving children, it is hardly the only instance of Rams' athletic success. Their men's baseball team went 38-19 last season and advanced to a NCAA Super Regional in 2015. Members of the Atlantic 10 Conference since 2012, the Rams don their black-and-gold uniforms to proudly represent their university at a number of fan-friendly facilities.