The arts help people reach a wide audience without shouting from the top of radio towers, provocatively dancing behind a local TV field reporter, or tying speech bubbles to migrating birds. Celebrate self-expression with this Groupon.
$25 for Amigo Membership and Two Event Tickets (Up to $85 Value)
One-year Amigo membership (a $45 value), which includes:
- Advance ticket sales, a 10% discount on ticketed GCAC events, one guest pass to an event, and priority seating at most theater events
- An invitation to the annual meeting
- Guadalupe gift bag
- Half off concessions
- VIP breakfast at Hecho a Mano<p>
Two tickets (up to a $20 value each) to one of the following events:
- Opening night of Hecho A Mano, a fine arts and crafts market, on Friday, November 30, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Holiday Saxophones, featuring Regency Jazz Band, on Saturday, December 15, at 7 p.m., with third-tier seating
- Any CineFestival movie screening, running from Saturday, February 23, to Saturday, March 2, 2013<p>
Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center
Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center began weaving itself into the fabric of San Antonio’s arts and theater scene more than three decades ago to share the richness of Chicano, Latino, and Native American art forms. Now a cornerstone of the community, the nonprofit touches the lives of more than 100,000 people each year with theater and dance performances, cultural festivals, and creative classes. The center passes down traditional forms of expression, such as Mexican Folklórico dance and cactus juggling while also embracing contemporary art forms such as photography.
Each year, Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center’s festivals welcome large crowds of adults, kids, and multiple Waldos. Foremost among them are CineFestival, the Tejano Conjunto music festival, and Hecho A Mano, a holiday crafts and arts festival. For its members, the center organizes a wealth of educational programming, teaching everything from oil painting and guitar to karate.