Renovated historical theater screens blockbuster films in high-def digital projection
About This Deal
Choose from Four Options
- $22 for a movie package for two, valid Monday–Thursday (up to $35.50 value)
- $42 for a movie package for four, valid Monday–Thursday (up to $71 value)
- $24 for a movie package for two, valid any day (up to $35.50 value)
- $44 for a movie package for four, valid any day (up to $71 value)
The movie package includes the following for each person:
- One movie ticket (up to $8 value)
- One soda or well drink ($5 value)
- One medium popcorn (up to $4.75 value)
Admission is not valid during open week of new releases.
About The Harper Theater
Originally opened in 1913, The Harper Theater's geometric, prairie-style lines were designed by noted Chicago architect Horatio Wilson. The space operated as a movie house for decades, but sat dormant for more than 10 years before reopening in 2012. Now screening an ever-changing selection of wide-release films, the theater boasts a crystal-clear digital projection system as well as 3-D capabilities that make blockbusters pop off the screen and critically dull audience reflexes for when a T-rex really does burst through the projection canvas.
Despite its commitment to screening Hollywood hits, the theater takes a local approach to refreshments in its onsite cafe, dishing out locally roasted, artisanal Metropolis coffee and treats from the nearby Medici bakery.