Old masters rewarded observant art critics by hiding things in their paintings, such as discreet self-portraits and lewd caricatures of the queen. Redeem art history with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $9 for admission for two ($16 value)
- $17 for admission for four ($32 value)
Admission is free for students and military members and their dependents with ID.
This Groupon grants visitors access to all five exhibition galleries, which include:
- Quilt National (July 26–November 23): This juried show presents 32 of the most surprising and technically astounding quilts drawn from a field of 850 entrants.
- Spitting in the Wind: Art From the End of the Line (through November 2): This exhibit celebrates the work and friendship of a quartet of San Diego artists: Richard Allen Morris, John Baldessari, Bob Matheny, and Russell Baldwin, whose oeuvre the catalog describes as “vigorous, humorous, and unconventional.”
Oceanside Museum of Art
Like the art world itself, the museum and its galleries evolve constantly—at least 15 different exhibitions open there each year. The museum's visitors will encounter many different forms of artistic inspiration as they sample the museum's wealth of local and global artists from the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Size: 9,000 square feet encompass four rotating galleries, which host more than 15 exhibitions annually
- The Buildings: The museum's side-by-side structures were designed by acclaimed architects Irving Gill in the early 20th century and Frederick Fisher in the early 21st century.
- Don't Miss: The Museum Store, which sells jewelry, glass, clothes, and other original works of art
- Special Programs: Art classes, the 333's Music at the Museum series, panels, lectures, and Art After Dark—evenings of wine, beer, and themed creative entertainment
- Pro Tip: The museum closes its doors and puts a pillow under every statue's head on Mondays and major holidays.
- Beyond the Museum: OMA's travel programs take people on art-themed trips to foreign countries.
83% of 24 customers recommend
“A very nice small museum well worth a visit.”
“A great little museum in north county San Diego. Some fantastic pieces. We will definitely be back! ”
“I was pleasantly surprised at the overall atmosphere within the museum. The exhibits were interesting and informative, especially the quilting exhibit which initially...”
“I was pleasantly surprised at the overall atmosphere within the museum. The exhibits were interesting and informative, especially the quilting exhibit which initially I had the least interest with. The staff was extremely helpful and were obviously dedicated to providing high-quality service to the public. The price of admission makes the museum a huge bang for the buck!”