What You'll Get
$59 for Become a STAR - New Talent Package and Expo ($540.76 total value)
- Acting Up Class ($75 value)
- Digital copies of professional head shots ($199 value)
- STARS website registration and profile for one year ($99 value)
- Professional actor’s webpage for one year ($119.88 value)
- Actor’s e-mail account for one year ($47.88 value)
Guests ages 8 and up can meet industry leaders, casting professionals, actors from the Screen Actors Guild American Federation of Television and radio artists, photographers, makeup artists, hair stylists, production assistants, and other crew personnel throughout this interactive training experience in an 8000 square foot production studio.
Four Things to Know About Movie Extras
Even the background roles of a movie undergo the careful process of casting. Read on to learn more about how working actors earn their roles.
1. Even Oscar winners started as extras. Many future stars—from Clint Eastwood to Brad Pitt and Renée Zellweger—began their careers as background actors.
2. In 1925, movie producers created a company just to hire extras. This corporation appealed to members because it provided them with a central location where they could find work—a much better deal than the grind of driving all around town to visit the studios in person.
3. The Internet has made the casting process much easier. Today, an actor can read a script, meet with directors, and send in an audition tape all over the Internet instantaneously—a huge shift from the days when actors sold themselves door-to-door just to have their role given to a case of knives.
4. Some actors are famous for being extras. Garnering more than three million views, a YouTube video from 2011 titled “World’s Greatest Extra” compiled a single actor’s appearances from dozens of different shows and movies.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Registration required. 24hr cancellation notice required or fee up to Groupon price may apply. May buy multiple. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Appropriate for Ages 8+ with parent or guardian. Handicapped accessible. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.