Knowing how to properly handle a gun is invaluable, especially when your feet are otherwise occupied. Take control with today’s Groupon to Safe Firearm Training. Choose between the following options:
- For $37, you get a one-hour shooting-range package for one (a $75 value).
- For $47, you get a one-hour shooting-range package for two (a $102.50 value). Customers in this package share one lane.
The package includes the following:
* Introduction or Refresher to Handgun Shooting course taught by a certified arms instructor (a $60 value for one; an $80 value for two)
* Rental of .22 caliber pistol per person
* 50 rounds of ammo
* Eye and ear protection per person
* Range fee (a $15 value for one; a $22.50 value for two)
Customers can also opt to bring their own guns and ammunition instead of using the rented .22 caliber pistols and provided ammunition.
Safe Firearm Training’s certified instructor Joe Wright helms the Introduction or Refresher to Handgun Shooting class, which teaches students basic safety and shooting skills. Weapon wielders learn how to properly grip a firearm and aim it at a target while using proper breath and trigger control, much like playing a video game underwater. Safe handling is also covered in the hands-on class, which sees students shooting up to 50 rounds. The class is taught at The Shooting Gallery’s indoor range, which boasts 22 lanes, NRA-certified range officers, and large, menacing target posters. The class is open to all ages, but students younger than 18 must have a guardian present to supervise. While Joe rents space from The Shooting Gallery, he is an independent instructor, and Safe Firearm Training is not affiliated with the range. A schedule is available on Safe Firearm Training’s website.