After completing a 30-minute training, riders take on a one- or two-hour segway tour of downtown Memphis
About This Deal
- Departure location: 136 GE Patterson Avenue, Memphis, TN, 38103
- Tour requirements: All riders must wear a helmet (their own or provided by Segway Memphis), must bring valid identification, and must read and sign a waiver of liability. Segway riders must be 12 or older. If a rider is under 18, they must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult who can sign the waiver form. All riders must weigh between 100lbs - 300lbs and complete Segway training to their guide’s satisfaction.
- Recommended attire: Comfortable but not loose clothing; secure, flat, comfortable shoes, preferably close-toed sneakers or athletic shoes. Flip-flops, high heels, or wedges are not appropriate. Dress for the weather, as the tour is ride or shine.
- The tour: Please arrive early; 5–10 minutes before the scheduled tour time. After riders check-in, there will be a 30-minute training session including an instructional video. This training must be completed to the guide’s satisfaction before the tour starts.
- Disclaimer: Segway Memphis reserves the right to decline a tour to anyone. Riders must follow guide instructions for their safety and the safety of the group.
Need To Know
About Segway Memphis
Standing taller than pedestrians and gliding at a steadier pace than bicyclists, Segway riders experience the city at their own speed from an entirely new perspective. The knowledgeable tour guides dispatched by Segway Memphis lead groups through the Historic Downtown Memphis. Strolling majestically by some of the tallest buildings in the city, they tell stories about the history of the Birthplace of Rock ‘n’ Roll. And for $15 upgrade participants can get an exclusive video copy of the tour with a 4x6 group or individual photo to make the memories last forever.