- $299 for a Basic Keelboat Sailing 1 class ($425 value)
- Two-day workshop with up to two hours of classroom discussion
- Hands-on learning aboard a Santana 22
- Students should dress warmly, bring sunglasses and sunscreen, and wear close-toed shoes with non-marking soles
- Students should bring lunch, water, and snacks
Through a combination of hands-on learning and classroom training, ASA-affiliate instructors impart sailing skills such as sailing theory, tacking, gybing , steering, wind recognition, docking, knots, and terminology. This course is limited to four students and is the first of a two-part course that leads to a basic keelboat certification through the internationally recognized American Sailing Association. The class runs from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. over two consecutive days and includes a 1/2 hour of classroom instruction, five hours on the water, and a lunch break each day. See the course description for details, as well Spinnaker Sailing’s site for information on parking, proper attire, and transportation.