For thousands of years, humans have studied trees to learn how they too can provide suitable housing for squirrels and grow lemons from their fingertips. Join the pursuit of leafy progress with today’s Groupon to Taltree Arboretum & Gardens in Valparaiso. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get a single membership (a $40 value), which includes:
- Unlimited free access for one adult
Two one-time passes for guest admission<p>
- For $38, you get two single memberships (an $80 value), which includes:
- Unlimited free access for two adults
Two one-time passes for guest admission per person<p>
- For $45, you get a family membership (a $100 value), which includes:
- Unlimited free access for two adults and their children age 17 and younger
Four one-time passes for guest admission<p>
- For $99, you get an extended-family membership (a $225 value), which includes:
- Unlimited free admission for four adults
- Unlimited free admission for all of their children and grandchildren age 17 and younger
- Four one-time passes for guest admission<p>
Visitors to Taltree Arboretum & Gardens amble across five miles of trails that meander through 360 sprawling acres of gnarled bur oaks and chirping wild birds. Individuals or families spy down slender water birds around the green-heron pond while leashed dogs romp in the long prairie grasses or disrupt beavers’ city-council meetings in the savanna wetlands. Watch wintry light sparkle off the icy boughs of the bur oak grove, or return in spring to witness the scarlet explosions in the rose garden. Miniature trains chug along an acre of seven lines that wind through more than 500 varieties of commuting dwarf plants in the railroad garden.
Taltree Arboretum & Gardens
Taltree Arboretum & Gardens beckons guests with 330 acres of oak-lined pathways, themed gardens, and natural amphitheaters. The varied gardens give guests a chance to explore landscapes from around the world, trekking from savanna wetlands to a monarch-butterfly waystation filled with milkweed and nectar flowers.
The staff at Taltree leads guests through these luscious surroundings on guided hikes that explore the grounds and illuminate scientific and botanical principles. From the rose garden to the animal habitats, the tour guides opine on the biology behind the specimens. Guests can even enjoy educational classes that teach a variety of subjects, such as painting, yoga, and science.
450 West 100 North
Valparaiso, IN 46385