Enjoy a full day self-guided zipline and treetop climbing adventure, choosing from seven fun aerial trails catering to all experience
About This Deal
- Outdoor climbing
- What’s included:
- 30 minutes for a safety briefing and harnessing session
- Full day of climbing in the trees during the park hours
- Safety harness and gloves
- No previous experience required
- Age restriction: must be 5 or older; younger than 18 must have a guardian-signed waiver
- 265 lb. max weight limit
- What to wear: closed-toed shoes required
- We have 17 trails
Gloves are no longer included
Get outside and into The Adventure Park to experience our self-guided tree-to-tree climbing adventure. The Aerial Forest Adventure Park features climbing and zip lining through majestic trees near the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center’s Marsh Pavilion.
Ideal for all adults and children 5+ at any fitness level, you’ll go at your own pace for a fun, exciting, and self-guided adventure, the perfect combination of challenge and fun. You’ll start with a safety briefing and practice session, then we let you choose your own adventure among our 17 treetop trails. Our trails are color-coded like ski trails for all abilities and are designed for self-discovery. Our helpful staff are always at hand and available for questions and assistance.
- We’re the largest climbing park in Virginia Beach, with more than 258 challenging crossings made of rope, cable, and wood. These include 27 zip lines, with our longest zip line running 315 feet and crossing Owls Creek.
About The Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium
The Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium is one of the largest climbing parks in the nation, with 258 unique challenges - including 27 zip lines - that help develop skills, endurance, and confidence. At the heart of the park is the main platform, where 17 trails extend up into the treetops. Each trail is color-coded, indicating difficulty level. Much like a ski mountain, each climber chooses their own challenge level. The experience is self-guided and focused on exploration and discovery. Climbers can generally complete two to four trails during a three-hour climbing session, depending on the climber's skill level and trails chosen. Each visit includes a safety orientation, harness, and other equipment for a memorable outdoor experience bar none.