All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
· June 27, 2018
· February 6, 2018
May 3, 2016
What You'll Get
See The Fencing Center’s deal for introductory fencing classes.
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for four introductory historical fencing classes ($120 value)
- $69 for six introductory historical fencing classes ($180 value)
The introductory program is broken up into four one-hour sessions, beginning the first week of each month:
- Week one: introduction to long-sword, saber, and rapier. includes history, basic stances, movement, etiquette, and salute.
- Week two: long-sword specifics including footwork, attack, defense, how to hold a weapon. Multiple uses of the weapon, and long sword fencing practice.
- Week three: Rapier, how to hold the weapon, basic attack and defense. Includes history of the start of the civilized fight, and the origin of the modern Epee.
- Week four: Heavy saber, how to hold the weapon, basic attack and defense. See how convention changed the fight, and the start of modern fencing.
The six-week option allows for the students choice of any two follow-ups for reinforcement. All weapons and equipment are provided.
- Four Beginner Historical Fencing Classes
- Four Beginner Fencing Classes
- One Month of Unlimited Beginner Fencing Classes (available 5 days a week)
All equipment and protective gear is provided, just wear comfortable clothes, and athletic shoes.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Must sign waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Must redeem first class by expiration date. Must be 16 years or older for Historical Fencing classes. May be repurchased every 30 days. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Fencing Center
The Fencing Center & Yoga Studio has been immersing students in swordplay,multiple yoga styles and Cardio classes since 1981. The nonprofit employs 10 fencing coaches; including a three-weapon Maestro (and former Olympics coach for Mexico, & Elite coach Singapore), another three weapon Moniteur d'Escrime recipient, and surrounds students in a highly-decorated environment of achievement. Champions at international and local levels have gone through their doors, though not before starting out with required introductory and beginner classes. Students can then graduate to advanced techniques and competitive training programs in epée, foil, or saber. The center also provides 16 Olympic-style strips, 11 being grounded for a true competitive experience, in a 15,500 square feet facility.
For Historical Fencing: The coach and founding member of St. Michael'¬s Salle d'Armes and currently the Guild's Fight Coordinator, Tony Barajas is responsible for the safety and efficacy of their combat activities. His accolades include operating as the assistant coach at the College of San Mateo Fencing Club, head coach of 'Historical Fencing' program at The Fencing Center in San Jose, training in classical Italian fencing at the San Jose State Fencing Masters Program, fencing with historical Rapier and Dagger, Side Sword and Longsword, foot combat in full armor, earning a Provost at Arms as well as studying traditional martial arts including aikido, jujitsu, kendo, and iaido.
Located above all the parrying, TFC's yoga studio offers classes in a variety of styles. Teachers guide students through yoga in a relaxing yet high-energy environment - open to students or waiting parents. Cardio Barre classes are held downstairs.