Without music, concerts wouldn't exist and funk would just be the smell emanating from an old sock filled with corn. Lend an ear to this GrouponLive deal.
- General admission with coffee and dessert
- When: Friday through Sunday nights through December 29
- Where: The Velvet Note
- Ticket values include all fees
- $34 for a concert package for two (up to a $68 value)
- $68 for a concert package for four (up to a $136 value)
Each package includes:
- One music-lounge ticket per person to a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night concert at 9 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. (up to a $22 value each)
- One dessert per person (up to an $8 value each)
- One coffee or other non-alcoholic beverage per person (a $4 value each)
- See the full menu
Justin Varnes's B-Sides (Friday, October 4)
Performances led by drummer and Georgia State University professor Justin Varnes delight aficionados and help neophytes ease into appreciation. Together with his ever-rotating collaborators, Varnes tickles ears with nimble improvisations and welcomes questions from the audience.
Kate McGarry (Saturday, October 5 and Sunday, October 6)
Grammy-nominated vocalist Kate McGarry blends aspects of jazz and folk to create a sound the Wall Street Journal has called "austere and elegant." At the Velvet Note, she will perform with acclaimed guitarist Keith Ganz, who has appeared on TV shows from The View to David Letterman and The Oprah Winfrey Show.
The Velvet Note
No strangers to the stage themselves, the board of advisors at The Velvet Note built the intimate venue as a musician’s dream of exquisite natural acoustics. On its carefully crafted soundstage sits a 1924 Baldwin Model M baby grand piano, which serves an endless lineup of locally and nationally renowned acts. In between applause and using their index fingers as maestro batons, visitors can occupy their hands with food from The Velvet Note’s menu, featuring lobster cobb salad, black mussels in garlic butter, and all manner of classic southern desserts. Run by musicians for musicians, the club creates an up-close-and-personal environment where performers and fans can actually mingle.