What You'll Get
After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
- Entry to 5K Run
- Entry to Half Marathon
From the Merchant:
5K participants can jump on Metro and head to finish of 1/2 marathon at Duarte or visit the Miller brewery which will be open to participants, including access to bands and DJs along each of the 7 expos.
Prep runs hosted at Aztlan Athletics on Wednesdays or Sundays near the start of the run in South Pasadena!
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 6, 2017. Amount paid never expires. Must sign waiver. Online registration required. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Train Run Half Marathon
Everybody trains to run a half marathon. But at the Train Run Half Marathon, you'll need to train to outrun...an actual Metro train. That's just half the fun of this unique battle of man vs. machine. Here's what to expect:
- The Course: A point-to-point 13.1 mile run for all levels of ability that starts at the 626 Golden Streets Open Streets route hits and hits five Metro access points along the way as you try to chase a train down before it crosses the finish line.
- The Perks: All runners receive a commemorative dry-fit shirt, a runner's hat, a chip timed race, and a finisher medallion, plus discounts on apparel fro Road Runner sports.
- The Detours: Eight health and wellness hubs along the course invite walkers and joggers to take a detour for food samples and live music.
- The Festivities: The course is lined with health and wellness expos featuring healthy food samples and live music. There's also access to to a beer garden at the Miller brewery in Irwindale one exit after the finish.
- How to Get Home: Each runner gets a one-way commemorative Metro tap card to return to the starting line