- $100 for a New Year’s Eve three-course prix fixe dinner for two with a bottle of champagne ($200 value)
This Groupon is valid on Wednesday, December 31, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. The menu options include:
- Duck and dumpling soup with duck moulard broth, duck-leg confit dumpling, and spiced peanuts
- Brussels sprout salad with warm pancetta vinaigrette, shaved boiled eggs, and blue cheese
- Stuffed roasted quail with brussels sprouts, pomegranate syrup, and butternut-squash purée
- Dry-aged prime rib with braised root vegetables, creamy potatoes, and au jus
- Hazelnut chocolate mousse with orange jam and cocoa nibs
- Pecan pie with vanilla gelato and salted caramel syrup
Owner Med Lahlou took the U from U Street and combined it with the beginning of his last name and a restaurant he owned named Tunnicliff's to form Ulah Bistro, according to the Washington Post. Ulah's chefs, who have more than 20 years of culinary experience, handcraft American cuisine, pleasing palates from coast to coast to the pizza-laden streets of New York and back.
Fresh seafood steers the menu ocean-side, with fresh shrimp, scallops, and calamari enlivening linguine, and seared tuna and Atlantic salmon sweeping up the hearty new york strip steak in their currents. In the eatery’s brick oven, golden-brown pizzas sport combinations such as Ulah’s signature medley of crab, tomatoes, olive oil, and parmesan. Alternatively, a make-your-own option lets pizza-lovers personalize pies with vine-ripened tomatoes to reflect their rosy cheeks, or sun-dried tomatoes to reflect their third-degree sunburns.