After quick instruction and training, thrill-seekers can have lots of fun hurling axes at a target
About This Deal
- Throwing axes at a large wooden target is like a larger version of darts. Friends and families can experience the thrill of this traditional pastime in a safe and fun environment.
- What’s included in the VR experience: one designated VR station equipped with an Oculus Rift headset, touch controllers, motion sensors, Alienware PC, and peripherals
- Full bar available
- Age restrictions: under 18 must have guardian-signed waiver
About Ace Axe Throwing
At Ace Axe Throwing, groups of family and friends can compete with each other in a backwoods, medieval-style game that's all about proper stance and a steady throwing arm. Following a safety brief, guests line up in rows along throwing lanes and practice tossing metal-headed axes at bulls-eyes, receiving 1-on-1 instructions from an axe coach who keeps score. Afterwards, teams set off on a self-guided tournament to see who can score the most points. Between games of axe throwing, players can try their hand at virtual reality gaming with headsets from Pittsburgh VR, or grab drinks at the full service bar.
- Learn the ropes with a lesson in axe throwing from an Ace professional, who will guide newcomers and returning visitors on the proper way to hold and toss an axe for maximum safety.
- Order at the bar a beer to loosen up, sip between games, or shower the winning team with praise.
- Enter Virtual Reality with an Oculus Rift headset and a selection of immersive games that bring guests into an entirely different digital world.