Participants can battle class II-III rapids and soak up stunning river valley views during a half- or full-day excursion
About This Deal
- Adventurers can experience the thrills of river rafting on class II or III rapids, led by an experienced guide.
- What’s included: a hot barbecue lunch
- The Middle Fork Trip is a six-hour excursion, during which participants raft 18 miles
- Chilli Bar is an 8-mile section with Class II and III rapids
- The Gorge is a 14-mile, three-and-half-hour section with Class II and III rapids
- 21-Mile, Six-Hour South Fork Trip combines the Chili Bar and Gorge sections
- Age restrictions:
- South Fork: must be 7 years old or 50 lbs and over
- Middle Fork: must be 14 or older
About Action Whitewater Adventures
To Action Whitewater Adventures' guides, setting is everything. During their full-day excursions, guides and groups mounted in rafts battle Class III and IV rapids just to make their way to a gourmet deli lunch set against the backdrop of the lush Lotus River Valley. Of course, they might argue the fun part is getting there.
They lead excursions down both the South and Middle Forks of the American River, some of the most popular rafting waters in the nation. On the South Fork, they conduct the "Chili Bar" run, a trip that covers up to 21 miles favored for its rough-and-tumble class III rapids and stellar countryside. The Middle Fork provides even rougher-and-tumbler Class IV rapids, the 18-mile journey punctuated by clear-flowing stretches populated by trout and adorable baby Poseidons.