Families and friends experience the thrill of nature up-close with whales and dolphins in their natural environment
About This Deal
- Duration: 3 hours
- Departure location: Sheraton Hotel and Marina, 1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego 92101
- Departure times: 8:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 3:30 p.m.
- Age restriction: must be 4 or older
- Kindly call for passengers under 4 years old, pregnant, senior, or with physical or mental disabilities
- The sights: various species of whales and dolphins including humpback whales, long-beaked and short-beaked common dolphins, in-shore and off-shore bottlenose dolphins, as well as blue whales and Risso dolphins (summer and fall) and grey whales and pacific white-sided dolphins (winter and spring)
- The vessel: Fun, Fast, Navy SEAL rigid inflatable boat (R.I.B)
- Should arrive 15 minutes prior to departure for sign-in
- Discounted self-parking at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina
- Notable sights: San Diego Skyline, Military Equipment including a Nuclear Submarine Base, Cabrillo National Monument, Point Loma Lighthouse
- What to Bring: sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, sweatshirt, granola bar or small snack, water bottle, camera, binoculars (also available for rental at an added cost of $10)
- Concessions and souvenirs available for purchase on-site
About Adventure RIB Rides
Adventure R.I.B. Rides lets passengers hop on an actual Navy S.E.A.L. rigid inflatable boat to go on excursions for whale and dolphin watching, a visit to Mexico's Los Coronados Islands, or a tour of the wildlife and naval heritage of San Diego Bay. As guests glide through the ocean at ultrafast speeds to cover large distances in a timely manner, they are able to get up-close views of the animals and sites at sea with 360-degree views. Charters are available for the public, private groups, corporate outings, team building events, and can even be rented for film and TV production. For a unique experience of exploring the sea, their tours offer many options to do so.