What You'll Get
- Tickets to see the Birmingham-Bloomfield Symphony Orchestra
- When: 2014–15 season, October 17–May 1
- Where: Christ Church Canbrook and the Community House
- General admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the season’s programming and locations
- $27 for two tickets to any performance (up to $50 value)
- $52 for four tickets to any performance (up to $100 value)
- $52 for one season pass (up to $85 value)
- White Hot Cello: award-winning Greek cellist Yannis Tsitselikis lets his instrument sing in Tchaikovsky’s Variations on a Rococo Theme before the whole orchestra celebrates their 40th anniversary with Mozart’s spritely yet ultimately tragic Symphony No. 40 (Friday, October 17 at 8 p.m.)
- A Glorious Noise: Organist Jeffrey Smith sits at the church’s stunning 1927 E.M. Skinner to perform Poulenc’s Organ Concerto. Later on, a serene suite of Mozart, Bach, and Boyce meditations draws the evening to a close. (Saturday, December 6, at 8 p.m.)
- The Soldier’s Tale: in this experimental piece from modern master Igor Stravinsky, narration and minimalist instrumentals tell the story of a soldier who strikes a regrettable deal with the Devil (Friday, March 20, at 8 p.m.)
- A Burst of Color: Kurt Nikkanen, the principal violinist of the New York City Ballet, takes the helm in one of the 20th century’s richest classical works, Prokofiev’s Violin Concerto No. 2. The orchestra follows the balletic theme with Manuel de Falla’s The Three-Cornered Hat. (Friday, May 1, at 8 p.m)
Birmingham-Bloomfield Symphony Orchestra
Since their founding in 1975, Birmingham-Bloomfield Symphony Orchestra’s mission has been clear: to put on world-class performances on a local stage. Whether that’s seasoned chamber music, experimental works, or contemporary pops pieces, the refined yet diverse programming has paid off, leading to 12 Detroit Motor City Awards for “Most Outstanding Orchestra in Southeastern Michigan” and regular appearances from international soloists such as New York City Ballet’s violinist, Kurt Nikkanen.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 15, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Call to reserve ticket for show and pick up at will call. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.