Stomachs only growl when they’re hungry or preparing to bite the hand that keeps tickling them. Tame the beast within with today’s Groupon to Christopher’s on Carey in Slidell.
$10 for $20 for contemporary creole fare for lunch
- Lunch menu items such as:
- Cochon de lait: slow-cooked pork with pineapple-pepper jelly and creole slaw on slices of Susan Spicer’s onion bread ($9.95)
- Seared bistro steak: plank steak with roasted fingerling potatoes, red-leaf spinach, and grilled portobello, shallot, and tomato relish ($13.95)
$30 for $60 for contemporary creole fare for dinner
* Dinner menu items such as:
* Pan-roasted pompano: fresh fish served with spinach beneath lump crabmeat and citrus brown butter ($21)
* Thick-cut bone-in veal rib chop: tender veal grilled and topped with sautéed mushrooms ($27)
* Fresh, farm-to-table ingredients
* Chef trained at Johnson & Wales University
Christopher's on Carey
Chef Christopher Case fills his stretch of Carey Street with the spicy, sizzling aroma of classic creole cuisine crafted from the region's freshly farmed and fished products. Trained in kitchen disciplines at Johnson & Wales University and the Delgado School of Culinary Arts, chef Case has crafted sauces and comestibles for such notable and demanding diners as Gordon Ramsay, Anthony Bourdain, and the Cookie Monster. His wealth of experience blends with a lasting love for his hometown's cuisine to showcase surprising, flavorful ingredients such as pompano, venison, and green tomatoes.
The restaurant itself welcomes guests into a cozy atmosphere, where pristine tablecloths provide a white backdrop for plates of colorful delta fare. Mirrors and bright wall sconces add depth and character to the intimate dining area.