Adventure-seekers can experience indoor rock climbing and try out some of the many routes of varying difficulties
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
- The facility is 8,500 square feet of climbing space with 4,000 holds and routes that change weekly
- Includes rental shoes, harness, and chalk
Indoor Rock Climbing FAQs
- Is it safe? Yes. Rock climbing gyms typically require a safety course on proper belaying techniques, knots, and other fundamentals for top-rope courses and have designated "beginner" courses for first timers.
- What should I wear? Loose-fitting clothing that you can easily move around in. You'll be able to grab climbing shoes, harness, and other necessary gear onsite.
- Do I have to be in good shape? Not really—climbing gyms have courses that cater to a wide range of fitness levels. Generally speaking, if you can climb a ladder you can indoor rock climb.
- What if I'm afraid of heights? Try bouldering, which takes place on shorter walls and doesn't require harnesses or other top-rope gear. Bouldering focuses more on moving sideways than vertically, so climbers rarely get more than 10–12 feet off the ground.
About Climb Time Indy
A climber dangles from his belay rope, punching his fists into the air victoriously after reaching the top of the wall. At Climb Time Indy, more than 8,500 square feet of indoor climbing space host 4,000 different holds, giving the walls the colorful appearance of the bench where giants dispose of unwanted chewing gum. The climbing routes are changed regularly by meticulous and experienced climbers, granting regulars new challenges every week. Kids can join in the fun and learn the ropes with coaching during weekly club meetings; private lessons help more mature scalers brush up on skills.