After purchasing this deal, you will need to visit the website listed on your Groupon voucher to complete redemption.
- $39 for one weekend pass, valid Friday, August 26 to Sunday, August 28 ($57 value)
Comic Con Palm Springs
Imagine a magnet, or perhaps a Magneto, that pulled entertainment icons, their fun-loving fans, and flocks of costumed revelers together for a weekend of comic book-centered cavorting, and you get the luring escape from reality that is Comic Con Palm Springs. This feast of fandom features too many exhibitions and too much talent to fit in one day, so it's best to plan ahead. Here are just a few of the highlights, besides the fact that Stan Lee, father of all that is good, is in attendance.
- The Big Guest: Did we mention that Stan Lee, creator of Spiderman, The Hulk, X-Men, and most of your chiidhood/adult daydreams, will appear and perhaps regale fans with stories of what it's like to be better than most of man- and mutantkind?
- The Movie Stars: Sam Jones (Flash Gordon), Bai Ling (The Crow), Bob "Don't Call Him Obtuse" Gunton (The Shawshank Redemption)
- The CosPlay Stars: Nicole Marie Jean, Bellechere, Kitt Quinn, and Ivy Doom Kitty
- The Music: The Flux Capacitors—the official Back to the Future tribute band—deliver 1.21 gigawatts of '80s hits while former Smashing Pumpkin Lisa Harriton conducts a live symphony of movie and video game themes
- The Flicks: The Geekfest film festival features full-length features, shorts, and fan films, while Trekkies can take in a private screening of Star Trek Beyond
- Other Festivities: Cosplay contests and costume parties, geek speed dating, a zombie walk and zombie escape room, and a virtual reality lounge