Through muscle manipulation, our skilled professional aims to provide relaxation, bring pain relief, and release tension.
Groupon Customer Reviews
Error submitting request
Thank you for your response
About This Deal
So you've got lots of choices. while most massage styles can be tailored to address specific ailments, you need to know about massage styles before you book an appointment.
* Swedish massage: the most common type of massage; (utilizes soft pressure, medium pressure, and firm pressure) long kneading rhythmic strokes; used to ease tension in muscles and help clients relax.
* Hot-stone massage: small heated stones are used like a hot extension of the hand on the client's back to loosen muscles and prime their muscles and prepare them for kneading. The stones while in direct contact with the skin are never just sitting on the skin they are constantly moving to ensure maximum effectiveness and to avoid any long term duration on the skins surface that could cause discomfort from hot temperature.
* Deep-tissue massage: intense, deep, slow & often painful kneading techniques are applied to address issues within deeper layers of muscle tissue. Can lead to bruising and soreness after your massage session, but a day or two after you will feel amazing.
* Reflexology massage: a foot & hand massage that manipulates pressure points to address correlating achy or pain-ridden parts of the body. This can cause clients to feel a bit off after a session; some of the systems effected are digestive & lymphatic systems can cause clients to detox slightly. NOT recommended, will NOT be performed on pregnant women.
* Prenatal (pregnancy) massage: a full body massage performed by a professional similar to a Swedish massage where the pressure is light to medium pressure, helps reduce swelling in hands legs & feet. However the hands & feet are never massaged during because of the negative effect reflexology has on a pregnant woman. Instead the legs & arms are massaged above the wrist & ankle in the direction of the heart helping encourage blood to flow back to the heart. Alleviates swelling without touching the wrists, hands, ankles or feet. Helps improve sleep by activating endorphins that help with sleeplessness. Relieves back pain by helping to decompress sciatic nerve that due to the new babies size & weight is pressing on that nerve.
* Myofascial massage: When trigger points are found Myofascial massage is the gentle use of pressure to that trigger point along with forced movement if applied to joints that will allow for a release of that trigger point or knot. Can be briefly painful, right after the pain the client feels relief & will notice improved range of motion.