Choose Between Two Options
- $37 for a Father’s Day Fair Package for Sunday, June 21 ($77 value)
- $15 for Two Adult Admissions valid Thursday or Sunday ($20 value)
Father’s Day Fair Package Includes:
- 1 General Admission Ticket
- 1 Youth Admission Ticket
- A Father’s Day T-shirt (Fathers wearing 2015 Father’s Day t-shirt get in free)
- 1 Unlimited Ride Wristband
El Dorado County Fair
The El Dorado County Fair is a staple of the local community with a storied history that dates back to 1859. It wasn't until 1939, though, that the fair took up permanent residence on Placerville Drive, where it's been ever since. Every year around Father's Day, the grounds swell with visitors—upwards of 65,000—who make their way through the event's myriad activities, which include a carnival and four live music stages.
The 2015 fair, titled "Hog Days of Summer," features a full schedule of family-friendly events, including hog races, a funnel cake eating contest, a lesson on how to pan for gold, and kids' big-wheel races. One race in particular has its own unique history—named after local wheelbarrow-maker Johnny Studebaker, the fair's annual wheelbarrow race has been a regular occurrence at the fair for the past 71 years.