Like a mirror, art reflects the beauty of the world around us, reveals who we truly are, and can contain a lot of naked people. Reframe your perspective with this Groupon.
$20 for an aspiring artist membership for a family (a $40 value)
- Membership covers anyone living in one household
- Admission to the museum
- Discounts on classes
- 10% discount on gift shot items
- Quarterly newsletter
- Electronic communication to all exhibition celebrations and fund-raisers
- Complimentary admission to exhibition celebrations
- Complimentary admission to the Stephenson County Museum <p>
Freeport Art Museum
Since Freeport Art Museum opened in 1975, its collection has ballooned to include nearly 4,000 pieces. The number is apt, since the artifacts – from Hellenistic gold jewelry to 19th-century Italian marble statues – encompass 4,000 years of work from all continents and time periods. The nonprofit museum reserves its remaining gallery space for work by contemporary regional artists, as well as travelling exhibitions.
Said space once belonged to a historic elementary school, a lineage that befits the museum's mission to inform visitors about art's global history and future. Through its educational programs, Freeport continues fulfilling that mission with events such as artists talks and classes on subjects such as graffiti art.